Mardi Gras in Houma, Louisiana: February 21- March 4, 2014
• Located only 57 minutes southwest of New Orleans, Houma boasts the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the number of parades within the parish (county).
• Offers a safe, family-friendly carnival atmosphere without the noise, traffic and high cost of New Orleans.
• Great alternative to New Orleans for families, senior and foreign travelers.
• Houma has 13 parades, with as many as 30 floats and over 600 riders in each parade.
• Houma’s Mardi Gras floats are designed and built by renowned Mardi Gras New Orleans designer Blaine Kern.
• Every year, thousands of visitors travel to Houma to celebrate Mardi Gras with the locals. Even residents in the New Orleans metro area visit Houma for Mardi Gras.
Mardi Gras in Houma kicks off January 6, 2014, with the 12th Night Rendevous at the Plantation Inn, 1381 West Tunnel Blvd., Houma from 6 p.m. to midnight. The official kickoff party is open to the public (adults only) and offers complimentary hors d’oeuvres, a cash bar and music.
|Hercules||February 21||6 p.m.||Westside Route/Houma|
|Tee Caillou||February 22||12 p.m.||Chauvin|
|Aquarius||February 22||6:30 p.m.||Westside Route/Houma|
|Hyacinthians||February 23||12 p.m.||Westside Route/Houma|
|Titans||February 23||Following Hyacinthians||Westside Route/Houma|
|Aphrodite||February 28||6:30 p.m.||Westside Route/Houma|
|Mardi Gras||March 1||6:30 p.m.||Eastside Route/Houma|
|Terreanians||March 2||12:30 p.m.||Westside Route/Houma|
|Montegut Children's Parade||March 2||2 p.m.||Mardi Gras|
|Cleopatra||March 3||6:30 p.m.||Westside Route|
Mardi Gras Day
|11 a.m.||Westside Route/Houma|
|Kajuns||March 4||Following Houmas||Westside Route/Houma|
|Bonne Terre||March 4||4 p.m.||Montegut|