The 13th annual Red Fish Rental Fear No Evil Bull Riding Challenge presented by Louisiana Machinery will be returning to the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center on Saturday, Jan. 18 at 7:30 p.m. The competition will feature professional cowboys, some of the meanest bulls in the South, and a wild night of ridin’, buckin’ crashin’, comedy, music, and mayhem! The show will also feature a calf scramble for the kids and a post show concert.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center Box Office, online at Ticketmaster.com, or charged by phone at 800-745-3000.
Visit HoumaCivicCenter.com or fb.com/FearNoEvilBullRiding for more information.
Mardi Gras in Houma, Louisiana: February 21- March 4, 2014
• Located only 57 minutes southwest of New Orleans, Houma boasts the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the number of parades within the parish (county).
• Offers a safe, family-friendly carnival atmosphere without the noise, traffic and high cost of New Orleans.
• Great alternative to New Orleans for families, senior and foreign travelers.
• Houma has 13 parades, with as many as 30 floats and over 600 riders in each parade.
• Houma’s Mardi Gras floats are designed and built by renowned Mardi Gras New Orleans designer Blaine Kern.
• Every year, thousands of visitors travel to Houma to celebrate Mardi… Read More »
The Houma Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors recently launched its 2014 Matching Funds Program for Meetings, Conventions, Tournaments and Rallies, as well as the 2014 Product Development Program. Please contact our office for the 2014 guidelines and application.
After several years of funding through the Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government's Tourism Recovery Event Sponsorship Program funded by BP Tourism Mitigation Funds, the Houma Area CVB is reintroducing its program in 2014.
To qualify for funds, an applicant must be one of the following entities domiciled within the United States with a Terrebonne Parish tourism project:
• A non-profit registered with the corresponding Secretary of State, and must be in good… Read More »
Cocodrie, Louisiana, was named the southeast regional award winner in the World Fishing Network’s Ultimate Fishing Town contest, according to an official announcement made by WFN on Monday. Cocodrie finished overall in third place.
The regional winner receives a cash prize of $3500. The Houma Area Convention and Visitors Bureau nominated Cocodrie for this year’s contest in hopes to take home the top prize after a strong fifth place finish in the 2012 contest.
The convention and visitors bureau plans to utilize the prize money in its continued efforts to market Cocodrie as a premier fishing destination through print and broadcast media. Cocodrie and Dularge will be featured this July in WFN’s new series, “Guided with Mark… Read More »
Last week, the Houma Area Convention and Visitors Bureau celebrated National Tourism and Travel Week. Louisiana Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne visited our tourist information center to discuss the economic impact of travel on our state and local economy.Read More »